Terms and Conditions of Stay
By making a booking to stay at Cae Main Shepherd’s Hut you agree to accept the following booking Terms and Conditions of Stay. Please therefore read the following very carefully and get in touch if you have any queries.
In addition, please read our separate Covid 19 Statement and Conditions of Stay.
Normally payment will be taken by STRIPE when booking online via our website. Payment can be made by BACS or cheque by agreement with an email or telephone booking. A confirmation email will be sent to confirm your booking, or by letter if preferred. Please check your boking summary to ensure all details are correct.
To secure your booking a deposit of 50% of your total accommodation cost is required. Should your arrival date fall lesss than 30 days from your booking date, the full amount will be required as payment.
The balance is due 30 days before your arrival date. An automated e-mail will be sent to you as a reminder. If the full balance isn’t paid 30 days before your arrival, we reserve the right to cancel your booking with the deposit being non refundable and re-let the Shepherds Hut.
Cancellations and Amendments
It is strongly advised that you have adequate travel insurance for unexpected events that could affect your holiday.
- If you cancel your booking 30 days or more before your arrival date we will refund any payments made, less a £25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your booking between 14 and 30 days, we will refund you minus your deposit which is 50% of the total accommodation cost.
- If you cancel your booking within 14 days of the arrival date, we regret that we will be unable to refund any monies paid. Please ensure you have full holiday / travel insurance to cover such eventualities.
- If you wish to amend your booking 30 days or less before your arrival, we will allow deferment within 12 months of the original arrival date, subject to availability and any price change. Any payments made will be held as part payment for the deferred stay.
Arrival and Departure
Check in is from 4pm. Let us know if you’ll be arriving later. Check out is 11am. To meet our Covid 19 Policy, we have a self check in procedure and will text/call to make sure you have settled in ok. You will be give a key code prior to arrival. The key box is located on the Amenity Hut wall facing the pathway under the sign ‘Llygad y Dydd’ – the name of the shepherd’s hut which means Daisy in Welsh. Please leave the key inside the door lock of your shepherds hut before you leave.
Conditions of Stay
- No smoking inside the Shepherds Hut or Amenity Hut and no illegal drugs on site.
- Sorry no pets on site – we and our neighbours are working farms. You may experience some farm related noise, e.g. tractor, quad bike or farm animals. Free roaming of the land isn’t possible due to the cattle and sheep. There are dog kennels on your door step just a five minute walk away: Four Paws Inn Doggy Daycare & Boarding Kennels 07590 388892
- Fires are restricted to the designated fire-pit. Please do not try and move the fire-pit. Ensure fires are kept small and manageable and think twice about lighting a fire if there is a strong wind. Take care when lighting and relaxing by the campfire and please make sure that the fire has gone out before going to bed. We cannot accept liability for any injuries due to the campfire.
- Due to the high risk of a wooden structure, the use of candles and tea lights is not permitted inside the Shepherds Hut.
- No fireworks or lanterns on site due to livestock and fire hazard posed.
- Please ensure any personal electrical equipment (e.g. hairdryer, hair straighteners) are switched off and unplugged from the socket after use. In the same manner, please do no leave mobiles or tablets to charge overnight as it is a fire risk.
- Do not hang clothes to dry or leave any combustible goods within 1 m of the electric fire heater. The fire heater must not be used overnight or whilst the shepherds hut is not attended.
- If you have guests visiting you must let us know in advance.
- Please take care of our Shepherds Hut and leave it reasonably clean and tidy. Any requirement for any additional cleaning than normal will be charged to you.
- Please remove any muddy boots or clothing before entering the Shepherds Hut. Please hang any wet/muddy jackets or clothing and store any muddy footwear in your little shed in the Amenity Hut.
- If you have recently dyed your hair or applied fake tan, please bring your own bedding to avoid permanently staining our bed linen.
- Any breakages or damages should be reported immediately so we can buy replacements or plan repairs prior to the arrival of subsequent guests. This may be charged at cost, at our discretion.
- The peace and tranquillity of our area are important to us and our neighbours. Please refrain from making a disturbance or playing loud music during your stay. Sound does travel in the open space. We sincerely hope that the serenity of our glamping site and local area will enhance your enjoyment and wellbeing as guests.
We reserve the right to terminate your stay without being liable for any refund or compensation where failure to comply with the above Conditions of Stay is evident and if you engage in what we consider as unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to us, our neighbours or other guests.
In the event that we need to close our glamping site for unforeseen reasons prior to your arrival (e.g. sickness, bereavement, technical problems), we will offer you a holiday deferment or a full refund. If we need to close our glamping site during your stay, we will refund you the pro-rata rate for the period remaining. We will not be liable for any other costs whatsoever arising from this action.
Should there be a failure in a utility service (e.g. water, heating, electricity, sewerage) please notify us immediately and we will aim to restore the service as quickly as possible. However should this failure extend beyond a 12 hour period from notification, for health and safety reasons you will be asked to leave the accommodation and your accommodation fee for the duration lost will be fully refunded or you will be offered to re-book for another time, subject to availability.
If a guest is unable to reach Cae Main Shepherd’s Hut due to adverse weather conditions or travel issues (e.g. snow, flooding, high winds) we will offer you an alternative date, subject to availability and price change. If we make the decision to cancel your stay for safety reasons due to extreme weather (snow or high winds), we will offer you an alternative date, subject to availability and price change.
Damage and Loss
You are responsible for any damage or loss caused by your act or neglect and you agree to pay us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or replace such damage or loss. We do accept an element of wear and tear and guests will be charged at our discretion. For clarification, this includes any extra cleaning due to failure to comply with our Conditions of Stay.
You will be charged if any Cae Main Shepherd’s Hut property is lost or stolen.
Cae Main Shepherd’s Hut does not accept liability for any loss or damage of property, vehicles or vehicle contents to any member of the booking party during their stay.
We do hope you will enjoy your stay here at Cae Main Shepherd’s Hut. Should you however feel unhappy with any aspect of your holiday, please talk to us about it so we can try to address the problem straightaway.